Ashley McDaniel

My photo
So a lot of you have asked me to do a blog while I'm in Korea. Even though I'm html and blog challenged, I thought I still might try. Throughout my time in Korea (south of course) i will update each day on here, showing you where I went, what I did and ate. I'm sure some of you probably are already assuming that my diet will consist of fast food and sweets. However, I'm not going to limit my experience to such foods I could easily find back in the states. Thank you all for the support and I hope that you all will stay tuned in! :)

Friday, August 27, 2010

Dark Chocolate?

So..tonight i jus got a taste of what my month to come will be like. ehh, it was very bitter sweet or like my mom would say "dark chocolate". Let me explain, in order for me to continue my stay in korea, i must get a longer period visa. This process is very painful and longgggggg. . .especially when doing in a foreign contry. Yikes~ welp anyways, just a few hours ago, jennifers dad, her brother and i had about a good 40 minute conversation which consisted of broken korean, brokenengish, broken Konglish, just broken everything. Heres the sad part, AS SOON AS we all understood each other (about my visa), jennifer prances<<--exaggeration right on inside the house :// ehh , as they would say in korea 헐 '_';;; 
even though it was hard, and quite teeth clinching (for all of us). . . . i learned a few more words and got to feel the conversation.

Basically what im trying to say, is that even though its difficult to communicate. . it was a good lesson for me(and for them the same). I hope that after i attend my school, i will be able to communicate more clearly and comfortably. In the end, all was resolved, and now i can prepare myself for a long month :/ sheeesh~

welp i ll be back to share more embarassing situations and fun ones as well,
SEE ya

No comments:

Post a Comment