Ashley McDaniel

My photo
So a lot of you have asked me to do a blog while I'm in Korea. Even though I'm html and blog challenged, I thought I still might try. Throughout my time in Korea (south of course) i will update each day on here, showing you where I went, what I did and ate. I'm sure some of you probably are already assuming that my diet will consist of fast food and sweets. However, I'm not going to limit my experience to such foods I could easily find back in the states. Thank you all for the support and I hope that you all will stay tuned in! :)

Monday, August 30, 2010

Dinner Time:

Around 8pm i got a phone call from 아빠 (my Korean dad), he asked me what did i want for dinner. So i told him chicken, haha. . .when he got home, he had a box of fried chicken (don't know where he found that) =] anyways, then he started to talk to me in Korean. . and i was able to carry on the conversation (surprisingly). The more he continues to talk to me, and not speak in English, the more im learning and understanding. I may not get it the first time, but he repeats and repeats himself until i do. I'm glad that i can spend this time in a real Korean home, learning the language. Its the best way, i think to learn. Me sitting down reading a book about speaking Korean doesn't really give one the true experience of what it sounds like or any situations. So even though so far my time hasn't been a smooth sail; i can always be thankful for these times where i can truly feel how its like to speak Korean. I love this family very much, and i know they love me. :) it shows greatly, well im off for now. Just thought i would share my dinner meal with you. haha
byeee~

1 comment:

  1. Thats wonderful..I'm so proud of you. You have grown into a very lovely young lady. This experience will only grow you and give you the needed skills to be all God has designed you to be. I will be keeping up w/you...love you, Ms. Taylor ;D

    ReplyDelete